Thursday, August 04, 2011

Slut Walk arthaat Besharmi Morcha- Finally!


Yes, the Walk did take place. And no, it wasn't a gathering, it was a proper walk.
Around thousand people turned up, and I am more than satisfied with what we have achieved. The pictures, appreciation, comments, remarks, criticisms- everything is available online.

What isn't is what I wish to share.
One of the radio stations did a show on how a Walk like this would change the society. My first reaction was to switch the station, but I din't, and I'm glad.

So this man called up and said-

"मैं भी लड़कियों को घूरा करता था पहले, पर मुझे समझ नहीं आता था इसमें दिक्कत क्या है? I now know that something as basic as staring is actually violating someone's privacy. I'm glad that the Walk din't focus only on rapes, but so-called 'trivial' issues like staring. It was an eye-opener."


I'm still smiling.
Sweet taste of satisfaction.





2 comments:

Alpha said...

hey Tutul??!! Whats up with that name btw ..
how is DU's take on this ..
Pretty awesome job with the media coverage ...
Nice way to 'Bloat' up your Resume !!

go powerpuff !!

Mishika said...

@Alpha: You want to know whats up with my name? Really?!!
And thanks.

Book Review - Disciples of Trikaal (✩✩✩✩✩)

Varun Sayal, I can't thank you enough for these review copies! Disciples of Trikaal is a prequel to the first book of the Time ...