Monday, August 06, 2018

Book Review - The Secret of the Sculptures (✩✩.5)

I got the book as a part of the review program in Outset.

While I had very high expectations from this book, this one just did not work for me.
The story offers a fresh theme - the theft of an ancient sculpture, embroiling two young girls, a bunch a their friends, a dubious professor, a shifty mentor and a mysterious light-eyed man. However, the freshness was contained in the plot itself and did not manage to translate into the 236 pages.

The characters are immature and very poorly developed. I did not feel connected to any of them. Far from it, it was difficult for me to even imagine any of them. Also, at a point in time, I felt that there were way too many characters without any specific role to play. The numbers just added to the confusion and not to the plot.

The story-line was jumpy and the smooth flow that makes for a good book for me was missing. Also, the narrative was way too feelings-oriented. You will probably have to read the book yourself to know what I mean.

Not recommended. But may work for you.



*****
Find out more about this book here.
Follow my reviews here.

Follow my bookstagram here.

No comments:

Book Review - Disciples of Trikaal (✩✩✩✩✩)

Varun Sayal, I can't thank you enough for these review copies! Disciples of Trikaal is a prequel to the first book of the Time ...