Monday, March 12, 2018

Book Review - The Last Chai (✩✩✩✩✩)

I seldom give books five stars, but this one deserves a six!

The story is set in 2019 India, right before the elections. The author has named the main political leaders inspired by our leaders today, making the story more relatable.
The book is an eye-opener for everyone, and makes you question everything you know and wonder how much of it is it that you have absolutely no idea about.
Ripe with conspiracy theories that make so much sense, I read most of this book in one sitting, unable to keep it down once I was 50 pages into it.
At times, the book gave me a very 'Ek tha Tiger' feel, but I say that in the best way possible. The missions, the plans, the foiling of plans and overthrowing downright selfish aspirations of other countries and the role played by 'Rohingyas' (you'll know why I have put this in quotes once you read the book) are the highlights of the book.
For most part, I was curious about the character of Poorvi Acharya, the ruthless journalist out to get the government, and did not really understand her significance in the entire plot. But the last few pages summed up her role so perfectly, I almost wanted to hoot and clap for the author.

Take a bow, Author Varun. 
I am extremely impressed with this tight, crisp and ripe with conspiracy theories narratives.

Highly recommended.
You are missing out on a lot if you haven't read this yet. And there is absolutely no way you should think of skipping it!

*****
Find out more about this book here.
Follow my reviews here.
Follow my bookstagram here.

No comments:

Book Review - Disciples of Trikaal (✩✩✩✩✩)

Varun Sayal, I can't thank you enough for these review copies! Disciples of Trikaal is a prequel to the first book of the Time ...