Monday, September 10, 2018

Book Review - DareDreamers (✩✩✩✩✩)

I got the book as a part of the review program in Outset.

I absolutely loved this book!
People who follow my reviews must certainly know how strict I am with my ratings. Hence when I give this book five stars, trust me that it certainly deserves it.

The book came to me as part of a review program, and I am very glad it did. I am certain that I would not have picked this up otherwise. And am also certain I would've definitely missed out on something great!

The story: The story is of one Rasiq, and his journey from being an MNC slave to being a part of a start-up of daredevils. The narrative opens with Rasiq's first day in Bombay, the city where dreams come true, as an investment banker. While the first part of the book discovers the struggles faced by Rasiq in an extremely hectic job, it also discovers the changes that money can bring in a man's life. The struggle to balance work with the rest of his life has been portrayed beautifully, along with the struggle of being in a difficult and unrewarding relationship.
In contrast, the second part of the book shifts gears as Rasiq decides to quit his job and invest in a start-up of super heroes. While the blurb details why exactly 'DareDreamers' a start-up of superheroes, the readers will also understand in the pages of the narrative that the service offered by the start-up is no less than that of heroes. Amidst competition and cheating and cunning competition, will the start-up survive? Will the dare-dreamers' dreams be crushed under the weight of politics and treachery? The narrative is one hell of a roller-coaster ride, leaving no time or space for the reader to get bored.

The stunts were OTT, but I think that was the fun part. They truly lived up to the description of 'superheroes'.

The language: The biggest plus point of the book was the fact that it was edited! And it is a shame for me to admit it, but most new books authored by Indian authors lose majorly on this ground. It was nice to read a well-edited, proofread book. The language is flowy and simple. No unnecessary fancy words thrown here and there for the sake of it.

The characters: Most characters are sketched well. The character of Rasiq's father is extremely endearing. He was my favourite background character. Even the character of the main villain had shades of grey to it, making him more believable. Narad Money, of course, was a man without any conscience.

The end: The end was satisfactory. This book made me feel quite happy.

Definitely recommended. The father-son duo have done a wonderful job and I hope more and more readers get to enjoy their work.


*****

Follow my reviews here.
Follow my bookstagram here.

I am participating in the Thursday Thoughts challenge by Vidhya Thakkar.

No comments:

Book Review - Disciples of Trikaal (✩✩✩✩✩)

Varun Sayal, I can't thank you enough for these review copies! Disciples of Trikaal is a prequel to the first book of the Time ...